CQC National Correspondence
Telephone: 03000 616161
Our surgery is registered with the Care Quality Commission, the independent regulator of all health and social care services in England.
It is their job to make sure that care provided by hospitals, GP surgeries, dentists, ambulances, care homes and services in people’s own homes and elsewhere meets national standards of quality and safety.
How our registration with the CQC benefits patients:
- They protect patients by tackling poor care and unsafe care services.
- Patients can be assured that practices are inspected regularly and are meeting the standards they should be able to expect.
- The information they publish will help patients make informed choices about where they receive care and what they can expect.
- Patients can communicate directly with CQC if they have concerns about their care or want to give feedback.
- Their judgements are patient-focused and they check if patients’ experience of care is what they should be able to expect.
- Patients should experience consistent standards of care, whether they're receiving health or social care, because the essential standards apply to all health and social care services.
- Patients will know that they're being treated by staff who have the right qualifications to do so.